On Jul 15, 2013, at 10:03 AM, SUBSCRIBE ECJ-INTEREST-L Anonymous wrote:

> I created 12 threads and specified 12 seeds for each, ran it twice but didn't get
> replicable results.
>
> Anybody have any ideas?

The latest version of ECJ introduced a new SimpleEvaluator which could have caused a bug, but it seems more likely that you might not be practicing good random number generator hygene in your problem.

	- Always use state.random[threadnum], unless you *know* you are in a single-threaded environment and don't have a threadnum, in which case use state.random[0]

	- Never use java.util.Random, Math.random(), etc.

Could you give an example of ECJ not producing replicable results on any of the demo problems provided?  Please use the SVN repository version.

Sean