Hi,

thank you both for your fast response. Changing the projection to UTM
did the trick. Now I can use the data in mason itself. It isn't
important that that the projection is based on an ellipsoid. The area
I'm using is round about 2x2km so euclidean plane is accurate enough.

Again thanks a lot. You're helping me a lot with my thesis!

a nice weekend wishes,
Norman