George Mason University - Where Innovation is Tradition.
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

Welcome to Study Abroad

at George Mason University

It was a pleasure meeting you during Orientation last week. Thank you for visiting our table and signing up for the CGE listserv. It was great to hear about your dreams for studying abroad. We design our programs to meet the interests and academic needs of Mason students.

CGE sends hundreds of students abroad on dozens of academic programs around the world, making us a leading contributor to Mason’s global vision. We offer many short term programs (summer and winter break) that can fulfill general education and major requirements. In fact, registration is already open for winter break 2014 programs.

CGE also offers international internships which combine work experience with the excitement of traveling abroad, all while earning credit toward your degree. Another option is Direct Exchange Semester Programs, which allow students to continue paying their tuition to Mason while paying room and board to the host institution. Mason students enroll as visiting international students at the host institution, earning 12 to 16 transfer credits per semester, as they take courses taught in English or the host country's language.

Visit our website often, and you are always welcome to stop by our office in the Johnson Center on the second floor, room 235, just above La Patisserie.

We look forward to welcoming you to Mason soon!

Spring Break '14

Barcelona and the French Riviera

The first 40 spots have filled, but due to popular demand we have opened a second group, traveling from Nice to Barcelona, for this program!

Dates | Itinerary | Register

Global Education

We design and implement international programs for undergraduates, graduates, and professionals seeking knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the culturally diverse society of the twenty-first century.

Study Abroad Programs

We offer more than 50 short-term study abroad programs and more than 30 semester programs worldwide.

Check out Winter Break

How to
Study Abroad

Study Abroad is an investment in your future. Check out ourHow tosection to find out more about application procedures, processes, finanicial aid, and scholarship opportunities.

Cuba

Student Testimonial

Cuba

Winter Break 2013

"I encourage students to go to Cuba while they are in college so they get to experience the differences in culture.  Since Americans are not able to go to Cuba without special visas, college is the perfect time to take advantage of the opportunity!" --- Jade

Internships

Gain international experience!

Earn academic credit toward your degree while gaining crucial international and professional experience that is directly related to your goals.

Costa Rica

Student Testimonial

Costa Rica

Summer Break 2013

"I believe that as social workers we can help women like the women we met today, find empowerment in themselves and through their communities. In Costa Rica, empowerment is not a concept of self, but more of yourself within a community." --- Eryn

Semester

Spend a semester or two abroad!

Direct Exchange semester or year-long programs make the most financial sense to in-state Mason students as you can study abroad while paying your regular in-state George Mason tuition.

Our mailing address is:
Center for Global Education
Johnson Center, Room 235
4400 University Drive, MS 2B8
Fairfax, VA 22030

globaled.gmu.edu

CGE Avatar
Copyright © Center for Global Education, All rights reserved.