Thank you Professor, your modification is quite right.

Checkpointing is working again.

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 9:49 PM, Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On May 12, 2013, at 6:33 PM, J. Alejandro Zepeda Cortés wrote:

> Hi, two little changes because of the internal class:
>
> Unable to create the checkpoint file /home/alejandro/p/checkpoints/ecj.NGCP.10.gzbecause of an IOException:
> --EXCEPTION--
> java.io.NotSerializableException: ec.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread
> --EXCEPTION-END--
>
> public class ThreadPool implements java.io.Serializable
>
> and
>
> class PoolThread extends Thread implements java.io.Serializable

Actually it's probably a bad idea to make Thread serializable.

Instead the right thing is to not checkpoint out the PoolThreads.  That's most easily done by making the linked list transient.  I've done a recommit -- tell me if it works for you.

J. Alejandro Zepeda Cortés
Ing. Civil Informático
TMóvil: +56-9-98184077