All good points.  Clearly the use case I'm reacting to at the moment is the
demo/working-with-in-process-model issue, but having a slick way to chart
final-data-collection is very handy too.

A checkbox could be the quickest, easiest option to facilitate both usages.

I would envision a dialogue box that lets you manually specify the image
dimensions/proportions, so users who are exporting PDFs or manually tiling
charts across the screen and want them to be the same size, etc, have that
option.  That'd be a bit more work though -- a checkbox would have the same
effect.

IMO the default behavior ought to be scale-on-drag & fill whole window.
 You'd also need a mechanism to auto-adjust text size.

Siggy

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Chris Hollander <[log in to unmask]

--

Ph.D student in Computer Science
George Mason University