Rick, I do not see any references to time series or charts in the document you attached.  Perhaps you could send me your whole project as a tarball (minus MASON proper), and I could look into it.

I looked back in the archive to try to find what you're referring to threadwise, but all I found was a thread called "Creating Charts in Mason v15".  Just did some slight hacks to the code the poster had submitted, in order to update the code to compile for the current version of MASON.  And it seems to work well.  Here's the code: (drop it in to mason/app/flockers)