Dear Students,

My name is Vias Nicolaides and i am emailing to inform you of a wonderful opportunity this upcoming summer!

In cooperation with the Center for Global Education, I will be spearheading a study abroad program in my country, Cyprus, a beautiful paradise island in the Mediterranean. With warm sun, sparkling sea, welcoming people and wonderful scenery, Cyprus offers visitors a superb holiday destination packed with unforgettable experiences, extraordinary sights and exquisite Mediterranean cuisine. Cyprus is considered the pearl of the Mediterranean and also the birthplace of the Goddess Aphrodite.

Students will have the opportunity to take 6 Psychology credits as well as tour the island with locals and experience all that Cyprus has to offer! (e.g., sandy beaches, exquisite food, and over 8,000 years
of history). Overall, instruction will take place from Monday-Thursday, whereas from Friday-Sunday we will be taking tours and overnight stays in key locations around the island.

Classes offered are PSYC 405: Mystery, Madness, and Murder and PSYC 379: Applied Cross-Cultural Psychology which are open to psychology and non-psychology majors.
PSYC 405 satisfies General Education requirement for synthesis and PSYC 379 satisfies General Education requirement for global understanding. Even if students have already taken one or both offered classes, they can still receive 3 or 6 credits in PSYC 461: Special Topics.

Finally, it is worth mentioning that there are scholarships and financial aid available to help finance your trip. In addition, tuition for study abroad programs is paid at the in-state rate, even for out-of-state students!

For more information, please visit http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/facultyled/summerstudy/cyprus.html

Do not hesitate to contact me at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions.

Thank you for reading and I hope to see you in Cyprus this summer! :)

Vias

--
Vias C. Nicolaides, M.A.
Doctoral Student

Study Abroad Fair February
        26[log in to unmask]" height="75" width="200">