On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Nicolas Malleson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,

Sorry if this has been answered, I quick archive search didn't reveal anything.

I'm trying to get geomason working on a mac and the example I'm particularly interested in is CampusWorld.

It works fine in non-gui mode but in GUI mode I get the following error (full trace below):

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: it/geosolutions/imageio/gdalframework/GDALImageWriterSpi

Possibly a problem with GDAL? I have installed the GDAL (and possibly OGR) libraries from a mac repository of GIS stuff: http://www.kyngchaos.com/software:frameworks but don't know about associated java bindings.

Any ideas? I'm not really clear on what needs to be installed and how to go about installing it.

That's odd.  By default none of the demos should rely on GDAL.  Did you modify the code to use GDAL?