Hi,
I'm trying to add a feature to ECJ for a project. When doing a crossover or mutation, I want to keep the resulting individuals only if their fitness is better than that of their parents.
I pretty much know what I have to do and have pinpointed the location that I would need to put my decision code in (in the produce method of the CrossoverPipeline class for when the crossover is done)

However, since the new individual has no fitness value associated with it, I would need to somehow evaluate it at that early stage and toss it if its fitness is not better than its parent. I know that the an Evaluator instance is responsible for evaluating a population, but what should I do for a single individual? What do you recommend?

Thank you very much in advance.

--
Mehran Maghoumi