As some of you know, the MS in Epidemiology and Biostatistics Program was discontinued in Fall 2012.  However, pending approval by the Commonwealth of Virginia, we will be offering an MS in Biostatistics beginning Fall 2013.

I have attached a draft of the catalog entry for the new program.  For further details, please email Professor Tang at [log in to unmask]

Once the program is approved, each student currently in the MS in Statistical Science program will have a one-time opportunity sometime during the Spring 2013 semester to transfer into the MS in Biostatistics program without losing any credits taken in the MS in Statistical Science program that also apply to the MS in Biostatistics.

More details about transferring will be sent out once the program is approved.  But, for planning purposes, I thought you might want to know about this opportunity now.

Please note:  The dual degree programs will continue to apply only to the MS in Statistical Science.  Also, at this time, I do not know anything about the availability of GTA positions for students in the MS in Biostatistics program.

Dr. Davis