Begin forwarded message:

From: Anna Brenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date: October 30, 2012 2:49:38 PM EDT
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EARAM-L] Newberry Library new Early American fellowships

Dear Professor Craig:

I write to you from the Newberry Library's Office of Research and Academic Programs.  We respectfully request your assistance in promoting some of our new fellowship opportunities through the Society of Early Americanists' listserv.

The Newberry offers Long- and Short-Term fellowships on any topic pertaining to our collection (with deadlines on Dec 1 and Jan 15, respectively). We would most appreciate your help in publicizing our two new Early American fellowships; PhD candidates and postdoctoral scholars are eligible.  Would you kindly distribute information about these new Early American fellowships?

Fellowship descriptions are pasted in the body of this email (see below). A pdf flier for each fellowship can be accessed here:

The Society of Mayflower Descendants in the State of Illinois Fellowship:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8ffJveS-5XrU1gybWRxSEdVOGs

Newberry Library-Jack Miller Center Fellowship:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8ffJveS-5XrbW5rYzRhSkNKUDA

If you have any questions about this or require additional information, please feel free to write back to me at this email.  I take care of Newberry fellowship publicity and administration.  Thank you for your help, and have a wonderful academic year!

Sincerely,
Anna Brenner

Newberry Library Fellowships in the Humanities 2013–14

Newberry Library-Jack Miller Center Fellowship and

Society of Mayflower Descendants in the State of Illinois Fellowship

If you study the humanities, the Newberry has something for you!

Newberry fellowships provide assistance to researchers who wish to use our collection. We promise intriguing and often rare materials; a lively, interdisciplinary community of researchers; individual consultations with staff curators, librarians, and scholars; and an array of scholarly and public programs.

For more information, visit our website: www.newberry.org/fellowships

All applicants are strongly encouraged to consult the Newberry’s online catalog and collection guides before applying: www.newberry.org/catalogs-and-guides

The Newberry is proud to announce two new fellowships sponsored by the Jack Miller Center and by The Society of Mayflower Descendants in the State of Illinois.

The Newberry is internationally renowned as a center for genealogical research, local history, and early American history. American history and culture is a core collection strength. The Dr. William M. Scholl Center for American History and Culture promotes research in American History, Literature, and Culture.

The Newberry Library-Jack Miller Center Fellowship supports scholarship that will contribute to a deeper understanding of America’s founding principles and history, including the wider traditions that influenced its development.

PhD candidates and postdoctoral scholars are eligible for research at the Newberry for up to two months. While in residence, fellows will deliver one public lecture based on findings in the Newberry collection. The monthly stipend is $2,000; fellows also will receive a stipend for the public lecture.

The Society of Mayflower Descendants in the State of Illinois Fellowship offers support for PhD candidates and postdoctoral scholars; among qualified applicants, preference will be given to those working in early American history and culture. Applicants do not need to be a member of the Mayflower Society in order to be eligible.

This fellowship supports one month in residence at the Newberry. The stipend is $2,000.

Application deadline: January 15, 2013

For more information, including a list of available short-term fellowships, visit our website at www.newberry.org/short-term-fellowships

Research and Academic Programs
The Newberry Library
312-255-3666

Anna M. K. Brenner
Program Assistant
Research and Academic Programs
Newberry Library
60 West Walton Street
312-255-3666
www.newberry.org

For information on our fellowship program,
please visit http://www.newberry.org/fellowships.
Long-term Deadline: December 1, 2012
Short-term Deadline: January 15, 2013