Dear Fall 2012 prospective graduates,

We are beginning to audit the graduates' graduation application for Fall 2012. The online graduation application will not be accessible by students after September 30, 2012. If you plan to graduate in Fall 2012, please submit your graduation intent through Patriotweb before September 30, 2012. In order to have your degree evaluation ready by Registrar Office's deadline, please check the following required documents carefully and submit them to me by October 24, 2012.

1.        Seminar attendance sheet - Seminar attendance sheets are available at http://ece.gmu.edu/index.php?id=seminars2012. To download the sheet, please click “YOU MUST keep track of the seminars you have attended! Click here for the seminar tracking sheet.”

a)      All students are required to have a list of the seminars they attended.

b)       Students who presented their scholarly papers need to submit the sheet of students’ names who attended their presentations.

2.        Plan of Study – Please submit an updated plan of study. Also, indicate on the form any courses you wish to be excluded from your degree credits evaluation. The “Master’s Degree Plan of Study Form” can be downloaded through http://ece.gmu.edu/pdf/PlanOfStudy.pdf.

3.        Scholarly Paper Option

a)      Scholarly Paper Presentation – Please invite at least TWO ECE faculties to attend your presentation; one of them has to be your advisor. Please confirm a date with your advisor as soon as possible and let me know when you want to schedule a meeting room. NOTE: The meeting room must be scheduled at least TWO weeks before your presentation date. An electronic copy of your abstract/flyer will be needed and it will be posted online at: http://ece.gmu.edu/index.php?id=seminars2012, our ECE webpage under the “Seminar” section.

b)      Scholarly Paper Approval Form - Please submit a signed copy to me by October 24, 2012. This form is available online at http://ece.gmu.edu/graduate_forms/MS_Scholarly_Paper_Approval_Sheet.pdf

c)       Scholarly Paper Submission – Please submit TWO double-sided copies to me by December 7, 2012.

4.  Thesis Option

a) Thesis Defense Presentation - Please invite at least THREE ECE faculties to attend your presentation; one of them has to be your advisor. Please confirm a date with your advisor as soon as possible and let me know when you want to schedule a meeting room. NOTE: The meeting room must be scheduled at least TWO weeks before your presentation date. An electronic copy of your abstract/flyer will be needed and it will be posted online at: http://ece.gmu.edu/index.php?id=seminars2012, our ECE webpage under the “Seminar” section.

b) Graduate Thesis Approval Form - Please submit a signed copy to me by October 24, 2012. This form is available online at http://ece.gmu.edu/graduate_forms/ECE_Graduate_Thesis_Approval_Form.pdf

c) Thesis Submission

Please submit ONLY ONE double-sided copy of your thesis to me. (Please print on regular printing paper only.) This copy is due by the LIBRARY DEADLINE, 5:00pm on December 7, 2012. Please make sure to check University Dissertation & Thesis Services website http://thesis.gmu.edu/ for detailed thesis submission requirement.

5.      Please make sure to update your mailing address in Patriotweb in order to receiving your diploma.

All the best,

Jammie

--
Jammie Chang