I see.  I was confused by the term "neighbor" in the documentation and
method name, which I now understand simply means a "location in the grid
close to some reference point" rather than any object at any of those
locations.

I didn't see any method called
"getNeighborsAndCorrespondingPositionsMaxDistance" in the ClassDoc, which
probably contributed to my confusion.

I'll try it.

Russ