Happy Friday, CGE alumni. We write with good news:***the deadline for
the Center for Global Education's (CGE) 5th Annual Study Abroad Photo
Contest <http://globaled.gmu.edu/photocontest> has been extended to next
Friday, August 24, 2012.*

*1) Email your best two photos to [log in to unmask]
<x-msg://36/>. *The subject line should say "Photo Contest Submission"
and the body should include your name and the name of the program on
which you took the photographs. Like we covered during the pre-departure
orientations in May and last December, photos containing color,
creativity, and you wearing Mason/CGE gear in an iconic place make for
great study abroad photos! You can also share your photos with CGE on
facebook <https://www.facebook.com/Masonstudyabroad> to get friends
excited about the contest!

*2) Bring 8x10 hard copies of the same two best photos with the official
entry form
<http://globaled.gmu.edu/docs/Fall2012PhotoContestEntryForm.doc> to
CGE's office in the Johnson Center, Room 235 or snail mail them to: *

5th Annual Study Abroad Photo Contest
Center for Global Education
4400 University Drive Mail Stop 2B8
Fairfax, VA   22030

We'll install the contest on Sunday, August 26 so we absolutely must
receive hard copies of your photos by then. We recommend you print your
hard copies at this local FedEx Office Print & Ship Center across the
street from campus in the University Mall, where if you mention you're a
Mason student you should receive a discount:

10661 Braddock Rd
Fairfax, VA 22032
Phone: (703) 691-9011
Fax: (703) 691-9022
E-mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

This year's winners will receive their prizes and be officially
recognized by the Center for Global Education (CGE) at the CGE
Pre-Departure Orientation on December 8, 2012. Past winners have had
their photos featured and published online, and they've received gift
certificates and Mason gear in return.

*The top prizes for this contest will be even BIGGER than last year's,
so submit your photos and stay tuned!*

Good luck, and be sure to join us after your first day of classes on
Monday, August 27 for both of our Welcome Week Events
<http://welcomeweek.gmu.edu/single-event/study-abroad-photo-contest-gallery-opening-cge-alumni-welcome-back/>!

*Last but not least, Mason's Office of Media and Public Relations is
building up their Pinterest boards, and one of the boards is named
"Mason Around the Globe." *Please share a photo of yourself wearing
Mason gear in a cool location--a memorable landmark, tourist location,
yummy restaurant, working or volunteering, etc. by emailing the photo,
your name, a little bit of info about where you are in the photo and
what you're doing to: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Sincerely,
The CGE Team
Center for Global Education (CGE) <http://globaled.gmu.edu>
(703) 993-2154 | [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Like CGE on facebook <https://www.facebook.com/Masonstudyabroad>
Follow our tweets <https://twitter.com/#%21/GMU_StudyAbroad>

George Mason University:Where Innovation Is Tradition
Study Abroad:Discover, Learn, Connect

--
Ms. Erin Mateu
Associate General Manager