Dear grad students,

Please see the following message from the college about a town hall-type meeting between CHSS faculty, staff and students and President Cabrera (at 2:00 on July 25).  If you plan on attending, please e-mail Laura McCloskey at [log in to unmask].

Brian Platt
Chair, Department of History and Art History
George Mason University
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Colleagues:
As you may have heard, President Cabrera will be meeting with each college unit individually during the last week of July and the first week of August. As many faculty may not be in the area during this time, he has plans to arrange to meet with faculty during the fall semester as well.

CHSS has been assigned Wednesday, 25 July, to meet with Dr. Cabrera.

All CHSS faculty, staff, and students are invited to attend a 90-minute town hall style meeting which will begin at 2pm in Mason Hall D3-A&B. You are invited to come at 1:45pm to enjoy some light refreshments prior to the meeting and also to remain afterwards to enjoy a little socialization with President Cabrera.

This is an important opportunity for us to meet the new president and put a face on CHSS for him.
I encourage all CHSS employees to be present at this meeting if at all possible and ask that you ensure this information reaches all faculty and staff within your unit by whatever means you think best. If you are aware of any students who might be interested in taking part, please invite them as well.

To ensure sufficient room preparations, we need to obtain a count of those who anticipate attending.  Please be sure your office administrator has this information by July 12th as Dean's Office personnel will be calling to get a full count.

I hope that despite the vacation period, we’ll have a good turnout.

All the best,
Jack
--
Nicole A. Roth