Hi there, class of 2016! Thank you for stopping by our study abroad table and attending our information session earlier this week. We hope you're as excited as we are to see you on Mason's campus this fall!

Right now, CGE students are studying abroad in Buenos Aires, London, Milan, Montreal, Paris and elsewhere. Like us on facebook to see photos and read updates from our students as they earn credits abroad.

DISCOVER: This is a picture of Mason students in Ecuador last January, including Jade, the freshman who discovered her 5-year-old host sister could be her best Spanish teacher while she earned three Spanish credits toward her minor in Spanish.

That's right, many winter break programs are open to freshmen, depending on whether or not you have fulfilled the prerequisites before the program departs, and last year at least one freshman studied abroad on each one of these programs:

BELIZE: Ridges to Reefs
CAMBODIA: Post-Conflict Reconstruction and Community Development
COSTA RICA: Conservation and Wildlife Photography
CUBA: Cultural and Sustainable Tourism updated

ENGLAND: London Theatre Tour

GREAT CITIES:
Berlin, Budapest, Belgrade, Sarajevo
ITALY: Underneath Rome: An Introduction to Geo-Archaeology

Browse the complete list of our winter break programs and if interested, apply online by October 5, 2012.

LEARN: As we said earlier this week, let study abroad help you think in new ways! For example, why take the general education fine arts or literature requirement on campus when you can fulfill either requirement on our London Theater Tour? You don't even have to take our word for it. Here is an evaluation of the London Theater program on studyabroad101.com written by one of last year's participants.

emester or year-long programs are a great way to
immerse yourself in a different culture as you experience what it's like to live abroad. When you're living abroad the neighborhood where you reside becomes youneighborhood, and what was once so new and "foreign" becomes the norm.
When you have time, we encourage you to read more about CGE's Oxford Honors program, a seventeen-year tradition that offers students unparalleled one-on-one attention from faculty at the most prestigious university in the world. Please note this highly competitive program now offers a spring semester option as well!

CONNECT: while making new friends and contacts as you connect your studies with your life and work back home! Be sure to join us next month on Monday, August 27 for our Welcome Week event where you'll be able to meet other students who've recently studied abroad and hear from successful professionals about the connection between study abroad and an international career.

http://globaled.gmu.edu/images/PhotoContestLogo2012.jpg

Have a great weekend, enjoy the rest of your summer, and we'll see you soon!

Sincerely,
Kevin Stoy
Marketing Coordinator | Center for Global Education (CGE)
George Mason University: Where Innovation Is Tradition
Study Abroad: Discover, Learn, Connect