Hi there, new Honors students and parents of Honors students. Thank you for stopping by the study abroad table and attending our information session during the Honors College orientation a couple of weeks ago. We hope you're as excited as we are to see you on Mason's campus this fall!

Right now, CGE students are studying abroad in Buenos Aires, London, Milan, Montreal and Paris and elsewhere. Like us on facebook to see photos and read updates from our students as they earn credits abroad while challenging themselves to think globally.

Above is a picture of Mason students in Ecuador on a two week winter break language program where you can earn 3 credits in intermediate to advanced Spanish. Last January Jade, a (brave) freshman in the Honors College did just that. Get a glimpse of what she discovered and experienced while in Ecuador by watching this.

Speaking of winter break programs, here is an evaluation of the London Theater program on studyabroad101.com written by one of last year's participants. Why take all of your Honors classes here on the Mason campus when you can earn HNRS 122: Reading the Arts credits in London? Read more here about CGE's London Theater program or browse the list of upcoming winter break programs here or watch the Winter Break 2013 Study Abroad Programs Preview.

[log in to unmask]"> A seventeen-year tradition, CGE's Oxford Honors program offers students unparalleled one-on-one attention from faculty at the most prestigious university in the world. Please note this highly competitive program now offers a year-long option! Most Honors students choose to participate in the program in the fall of their junior year. The following is from the Dean Burr of Mason's Honors College:

Through the introduction of alternative frames of reference, global education programs at Mason challenge our Honors students to connect theory with practice in ways they cannot on campus. Last fall, a dozen Honors College students engaged in high-level intellectual pursuit for a full semester at the University of Oxford, where they met one-on-one weekly with Oxford tutors to discuss their research. Research topics ranged from "The Papacy's Role in Art Production and Medici Art Propaganda" to "Financial Regulators and Financial Institutions" to the "British History of the American Revolution."

http://globaled.gmu.edu/images/PhotoContestLogo2012.jpg[log in to unmask]">

Last but not least, we want to see you during Welcome Week. Come to our event above and don't forget to stay in the JC for our first-ever International Careers panel at 7 p.m. where you'll have unique access to successful professionals who will help you see the connection between study abroad and an international career.

Enjoy the rest of your summer, and we'll see you soon!

Sincerely,
Kevin Stoy
Marketing Coordinator | Center for Global Education (CGE)
George Mason University: Where Innovation Is Tradition
Study Abroad: Discover, Learn, Connect