Hi there, new Transfer students!

Thank you for stopping by the study abroad table a couple of weeks ago. We hope you're as excited as we are to see you on Mason's campus this fall!

Since most students study abroad their second or third year, NOW is the time for you to start planning your experience abroad. Here are some main reasons why you should go as soon as you can:

--> GET AHEAD IN CREDITS on short-term programs offered during the spring, summer and winter breaks. WATCH the Winter Break 2013 Study Abroad Programs Preview for a fun glimpse at which programs you're already welcome to join and to which you should apply online by October 5, 2012!

--> GAIN VALUABLE PROFESSIONAL AND GLOBAL EXPERIENCE ON AN INTERNSHIP while earning credit toward your degree. Internships are available in Asia, Europe or South America and placement is guaranteed.

--> IMMERSE YOURSELF IN A DIFFERENT CULTURE on a semester or year-long program and experience what it's like to live abroad. When you're living abroad the neighborhood where you live becomes youneighborhood, and what was once so new and "foreign" becomes the norm.

--> FULFILL GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTSmeet your fine arts or literature requirement in London this January, or meet the CHSS nine credit language requirement next summer over just six weeks in Montreal or Italy

--> HAVE FUN making new friends and contacts as you discover, learn and connect your studies with your life and work back home!

Like us on facebook to see photos and watch videos from our students currently studying abroad in Beijing, Buenos Aires, London, Milan, Montreal and Paris and elsewhere.

Our twitter feed is a good way to stay in touch with us as well!

http://globaled.gmu.edu/images/PhotoContestLogo2012.jpg[log in to unmask]">
On Monday, August 27, attend our Welcome Week event above and don't forget to stay in the JC for our first-ever International Careers panel at 7 p.m. in the JC Cinema as we hear from successful professionals about the connection between study abroad and an international career.

Enjoy the rest of your summer, and we'll see you soon!

Sincerely,
Kevin Stoy
Marketing Coordinator | Center for Global Education (CGE)
George Mason University: Where Innovation Is Tradition
Study Abroad: Discover, Learn, Connect