BTW, all of the 3D code is contained in the following directories:

	sim/display3d
	sim/portrayal3d
	sim/app/balls3d
	sim/app/celegans
	sim/app/crowd3d
	sim/app/heatbugs3d
	sim/app/mousetraps3d
	sim/app/particles3d
	sim/app/pso3d
	sim/app/tutorial6
	sim/app/tutorial7
	sim/app/woims3d

If you delete these directories, you'll get a version of MASON with no 3D references at all.  Be sure to remove the lines for the various 3D apps above from the sim/display/simulation.classes file or MASON will still complain (but run fine) when you launch the Console.

Sean