A message from Jeannie Brown Leonard...

Dear BIS Students,

I will be stepping down as BIS director after this academic year. As
of June 10, I will assume my new responsibilities at Mason as Dean of
Student Academic Affairs, Advising and Retention. I was selected for
this position after a national search and feel honored to be offered
this opportunity. I have a deep commitment to BIS and will remain an
ally.  However, I will not be able to teach BIS 490 this summer. I am
working on identifying another instructor for this class and will keep
you informed.

Please stay tuned for details on the process for hiring a new BIS
Director. I am confident that we will find a new leader dedicated to
supporting our students and advocating for the program.

Best wishes for a successful spring semester.

Jeannie Brown Leonard