Dear PhD students,
Those planning to take the written PhD Qualifying exam in summer term
please mark your calendars for *Thursday June 28, 9 am - 5 pm* at the PW
campus in a room TBD.  Please send me an email confirmation with "YES"
added to the subject line if you plan to sit for the summer exam.   If
you don't plan to take the exam this summer there is no need to send me
a reply.  We will offer it again in November 2012.

You are eligible to take the exam if you have completed all coursework,
excluding seminars or lab rotations.   If you have had BINF 701
(Biochemical Systematics) or one of the concentration courses waived,
please contact the course professor(s) for their course information and
any study guides.  You will find the course professor listed in the
schedule of classes for current and previous semesters.  You may also
email Dr. Cox ([log in to unmask]) with any questions regarding what to study
for the exam.

The Qualifying exam is essay format and is pass/fail. It is one of the
requirements for advancement to candidacy.  Faculty are given 3 weeks to
grade their portion of the exam, and results will be sent to you by Dr.
Cox.  You must pass all parts of the exam to advance to candidacy. The
exam or parts of it may be re-taken once, in the next semester.

thank you,
Diane St. Germain

--

Diane St. Germain