Greetings All,

I urge you to mark your calendars to attend a series of presentations by Mason students on Monday, April 23rd and 30th from 4:45 PM to 7:00 PM in University Hall, Room 1203 on the subject, "Is GMU as Equitable as It May Be Diverse?"  In addition to supporting our students, there are two presentation topics during the April 23rd session that I believe are of particular interest to those of us participating in ABFAS:

Is GMU Equitable for Minority Male Faculty?

By Will Stroble

For the past two years, I have experienced life as a minority male student at GMU.  Three minority male faculty members will be interviewed for his perspectives on whether GMU is an equitable and well as a diverse institution for from his vantage point.

Is GMU Equitable for Female Faculty and Administrators?

By Jamie Moynihan

Although GMU claims to be dedicated to equity, some practices within the university do not reflect this initiative. Male privilege can be seen throughout campus in administration, athletics, academic programs, hiring procedures, and the payroll.  This presentation will analyze the lack of gender equity for faculty and administrators and specifically the current salaries and hiring practices at GMU.

This is an excellent opportunity for us to participate in a dialogue with Mason students and others in attendance on the issues we have discussed in ABFAS for some time.  Light refreshments will be provided. For more information or questions, please contact Dr. Paul C. Gorski at [log in to unmask]

I look forward to seeing you there on April 23rd.

KRS