Hello all,
Fyi and pass it along.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Black Pride Event at Mason
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 16:16:15 -0400
From: Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Multicultural Education <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

Greetings:

During this year's Black Heritage Month, the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Multicultural Education (ODIME) sponsored an event in which the topic of discussion was, 'what it's like to be Black and LGBTQ/Queer/SGL'.  This seemingly simple comment generated a lot of discussion which we want to continue during this year's Pride Week celebration.  Therefore, we are holding an informal discussion on Wednesday, April 5th.

This program is designed to provide a safe space and engage 'folks' within the community on the needs and concerns of the intersecting identifies of race, gender and sexual orientation.  One aim is to make our identities visible (if only to ourselves as this is a closed/safe space event).

Please consider attending this monumental discussion. If you are so inclined to attend, contact Corrine House ([log in to unmask]; Office of Student Involvement) or Garey Davis ([log in to unmask]; ODIME) for more detailed information and to obtain the location of the event.

If you no longer wish to receive information from this list, please send an email to: [log in to unmask] and ask to unsubscribe from the specific list(s).
Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Multicultural Education
George Mason University
Student Union Building I, Suite 2400
4400 University Drive, MSN 2F6
Fairfax, VA 22030