Good morning, each and all, and here we go:

Deadline for proposing papers or panels for SASA’s next
biennial conference is midday EDT Friday, September 14,
via <[log in to unmask]

Dates and venue: January 31-February 2, 2013
at Charleston’s historic Francis Marion Hotel

2 distinguished historians as plenary speakers:

  ERIC FONER, our keynote speaker,
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/history/fac-bios/Foner/faculty.html,
 and MacArthur Fellow TIYA MILES,
 http://www.lsa.umich.edu/history/people/faculty/ci.milestiya_ci.detail

“We All Declare for Liberty” is our brrrrrroad theme, as you’ll see in the attached CFP, and co-chairs of our committee cooking up this conference are Scott Peeples at the College of Charleston and

   Yrs truly,

  --Dennis Moore

"The academy is not paradise, but learning is a place where paradise

    can be created" --bell hooks

Dr. DENNIS D. MOORE     /                   [log in to unmask]

President, 2011-’013, “SASA” = Southern AMERICAN STUDIES

  Association;  do check us out within theasa.net

   University Distinguished Teaching Professor

Florida State University / Tallahassee 32306-1580    U.S.A.