-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[SANG Seminar Reminder] -- 03/23 2:00 PM -- A Server's
Perspective of Internet Streaming Delivery to Mobile Devices
Date: 	Thu, 22 Mar 2012 23:17:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: 	Songqing Chen <[log in to unmask]>
To: 	undisclosed-recipients: ;

Dear all,
[apologies if you receive multiple posting]

Just a friendly reminder.
Date: 03/23/2012

Time: 2:00 - 3:00 PM

Venue: Engineering Building 4201

Speaker: Yao Liu

Title: A Server's Perspective of Internet Streaming Delivery to Mobile Devices*

*(A paper to be presented at INFOCOM 2012)

Host: Songqing Chen
***************************************

Songqing

Abstract
Internet streaming services to mobile devices are getting more and
more popular with the pervasive adoption of all kinds of mobile
devices in practice. To understand and provide better streaming
services to mobile devices, a number of studies have been conducted to
investigate streaming services to mobile devices. However, these
studies have mainly focused on the client side resource consumption
and streaming quality. So far, little is known about the server side,
which is the key for providing successful mobile streaming services.

In this talk, we present our investigation of the Internet mobile
streaming service at the server side. For this purpose, we have
collected a one-month server log (with 212 TB delivered video traffic)
from a top Internet mobile streaming service provider serving
worldwide mobile users. I will present our findings through the
measurement and analysis.

Bio
Yao Liu is a Ph.D. student of Computer Science Department at George
Mason University.