-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Reminder: [SANG Seminar] -- 03/05 12:30 PM -- Multipath Routing in Wireless Mesh Networks
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 07:38:56 -0500 (EST)
From: Songqing Chen <[log in to unmask]>
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;

Dear all,
[apologies if you receive multiple posting]

Just a friendly reminder of the seminar today.
Date: 03/05/2012

Time: 12:30 - 1:30 PM

Venue: Engineering Building 4201

Speaker: Li Xiao

Title: Multipath Routing in Wireless Mesh Networks

Host: Songqing Chen
***************************************

Songqing

Abstract
The wireless mesh network offers a breakthrough approach that delivers
wireless services for a large variety of applications. Equipped with
recent significant advances in wireless radios, multi-radio/multi-channel
mesh routers provide both great promise and substantial research
challenges to significantly enhance network performance while dramatically
reducing cost. In this talk, I will present our research efforts on
multi-path routing in wireless mesh networks. Multi-source video on-demand
streaming has been applied in wired networks with great success. However,
it remains a challenging task in wireless networks due to wireless
interference. I will introduce our multi-path routing and rate allocation
study to support multi-source video on-demand applications in wireless
mesh networks.

Bio
Li Xiao is an associate professor of computer science and engineering at
Michigan State University. Her research interests are in the areas of
distributed and networking systems, overlay networks and applications,
wireless networks and mobile computing. Her research has been supported by
the National Science Foundation, Microsoft Research, the Internet2
program, and the Michigan Space Grant Consortium. She is serving on the
Editorial Boards of IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems
and Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications Journal. She has served as
workshop program chair, conference vice chair and track chair, and on
various technical program committees for conferences in the areas of
distributed systems and computer networks. She received her PhD degree in
computer science from the College of William and Mary.