Dear students majoring or minoring in English,

Travel to Vietnam for two weeks this summer with acclaimed novelist Wayne Karlin and earn credit toward your degree!

Here is what John T., a sophomore majoring in Government at Mason had to say about the program:

Last winter, I went on the comparative war-literature program in Vietnam through Mason's Center for Global Education (CGE). It was led by author and professor Wayne Karlin, who recently wrote the book, Wandering Souls. During the program we met with authors from all sides of the war and also spent time with a group of students at a university in Ho Chi Minh city. The two weeks contained some of the most memorable experiences of my life.

Led by Vietnam-American War veteran and current professor of Languages and Literature at the College of Southern Maryland, Wayne Karlin, this unique tour will take participants to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Hue, Hoi An, DMZ, and Ha Noi as they travel through many of the physical, historical, and cultural landscapes that produced Vietnam War-era literature. Students will also meet with Vietnamese writers, scholars and veterans, offering an experiential understanding of the conflict from both American and Vietnamese perspectives. Mason students may earn 3 credits in English 202  English 309, Global Affairs 480, or New Century 399. The program is also open to non-Mason students, including members of the general public who are at least 18 years old.

http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/facultyled/summerstudy/vietnamwar.html

Questions? Contact Gregory Seiler at [log in to unmask] or (703) 993 2641.
--
Gregory Seiler

Program Officer
Center for Global Education