From the Graduate and Professional
Student Association (GAPSA):
Hello graduate students,
Please consider a position with GAPSA for next school year as our organization grows and gains more clout with Mason's administration.
GAPSA ELECTION DOCUMENT AVAILABLE NOW!
Attached to this email or access it at http://gapsa.gmu.edu/documents/GAPSASpring2012ElectionsPacket_000.pdf or check it out on our website at gapsa.gmu.edu - the application is DUE Wednesday, March 28th, email to [log in to unmask] - with elections April 2-4
DON'T worry about the election process, ours is VERY SIMPLE: the "application" itself is a whole ONE-PAGE LONG! And the "campaign" requires ONLY a 500-character biography and THAT'S IT!!).
ALSO, DON'T fret about "losing" an election, we WILL find a place for EVERY graduate or professional student who wishes to be involved. We now have a multitude of different options for being involved with GAPSA some with a time commitment of less than 5 hours a month! And remember, extracurricular activities look great on a CV or resume.
Here are the various positions:
1. Executive Association positions:
- Director of Communications
- Director of Campus Relations for Fairfax, Arlington or Prince William campus
2. Academic Delegates on each campus
3. Committee or Working Group members:
- Social committee
- Communications committee
- Funding and Employment committee
- International Student Concerns committee
- Legislative Concerns committee
1. Graduate and Professional Student Etiquette Dinner: Tuesday, March 27, 6 - 930pm, Mason Hall, Fairfax Campus
2. GRADUATE and PROFESSIONAL STUDENT APPRECIATION WEEK: April 2-6 - A week long appreciation for graduate students at Mason. A variety of events, raffles, give-a-ways, etc. will be provided throughout the week at ALL CAMPUSES.
See gapsa.gmu.edu for more information
3. Fairfax Happy Hour: Wed, April 4, 5-8pm, the Well at the Mason Inn
Graduate and Professional Student Association
George Mason University
4400 University Drive, MS 2D6
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Email: [log in to unmask]