Good Morning Everyone,

We are in need of Convocation and Commencement Marshals from the Volgenau School faculty for our graduation ceremonies.

As a marshal, you would assist our students in processing into the Patriot Center and maintaining a smooth traffic pattern while they walk across the stage and then back to their seats.  Our Convocation will be on May 17th at 2:00pm and the University Commencement will be on Saturday, May 19th  at 10:00am. If you are interested in more detailed information, Dr. Bill Sutton in ECE ([log in to unmask]) is our head marshal and can answer any questions you might have.  Please let me know by March 11th  if you would like to participate as marshal in either or both ceremonies.

If you have a PhD student that you will be hooding we prefer that you walk in with the platform party and not marshal at Convocation.

Faculty who are not marshals or not hooding a Ph.D student but are wearing regalia are able to march into the Patriot Center following the Ph.D students. You will meet in the Hospitality Suite of the Patriot Center and then process in to be seated in a special faculty section.   Please join us in celebrating your students’ accomplishments.  We would love to see a large turnout for this event.  Please let me know if you will only be marching so that I can reserve the appropriate seats.

The Provost has once again graciously agreed to pay for the rental of regalia for any faculty member volunteering for these events. The Commencement Fair will be held on March 6th thru 8th  from 11:00am to 7:00pm in Dewberry Hall in the Johnson Center.  This is where you can reserve your regalia.  If you cannot attend the Commencement Fair you can also reserve your regalia in the lower level of the Johnson Center Bookstore before April 1st.

We would love to see some new faces turn out this year.

The Convocation speaker will be Dean Griffiths and Dr. Ball will be joining the platform party.

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Joyce Rose

Executive Assistant to Dean Griffiths