Hi,

I am not much of an expert so, this might be a stupid question. But any explanation would be much appreciated, just for improving my knowledge. I was wondering why generics have not been implemented in MASON. I went through the archives and found the following reasons:

1.       Backward compatability: You had mentioned that backward compatability was one reason. As in the Collections Framework, is it not possible to enable generics and still compatibility? Did you mean that it would be a lot of work to maintain backward compatability while enabling generics?

2.       Performance : Because of type erasure, won’t a generic and non-generic code behave in the same way?

3.       Lot of work : This I can’t argue with  J.

Thank you ,

Regards,

Vaisagh

VAISAGH Viswanathan T | PhD Student | School of Computer Engineering | Nanyang Technological University|

N4-B02a-03a, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798|

Tel: (65) 8182-4950 | Email : [log in to unmask]