Chris. Is your source online? I do 95% of my work in Scala these days and
have not had trouble with the inspectors.

When I first started playing with MASON, I did so exclusively through Scala
with the MASON jars in the lib directory of a sbt project. See:
https://github.com/jbn/ScalaOnMason for my first attempt with Scala and
Mason. (It was tried, put online for some friends to read, and never really
updated.)

As a lot of people have said, (most visibly Yammer:
http://codahale.com/downloads/email-to-donald.txt), Scala can be
unexpectedly and painfully slow in some places. For an agent-based modeling
library, I would think you *really* do have to pay close attention. From
(my) perspective as a library user, I care way less about efficiency than
readability, in my code anyway.