This summer travel to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Hue, Hoi An, DMZ, and Ha Noi with Vietnam war veteran and acclaimed novelist Wayne Karlin: Comparative Literature of the Vietnam War

Here is what John T., a sophomore majoring in Government at George Mason University had to say about the program: Last winter, I went on the comparative war literature program in Vietnam through Mason's Center for Global Education (CGE). It was led by author and professor Wayne Karlin, who recently wrote the book, Wandering SoulsDuring the program we met with authors from all sides of the war (Da Ngan, Mai Son, Lam Thi My Da, Le Minh Khue, Ho Anh Thai and Nguyen Qui Duc), and also spent time with a group of students at a university in Ho Chi Minh city. The two weeks contained some of the most memorable experiences of my life.

Led by professor of Languages and Literature at the College of Southern Maryland, Wayne Karlin, this study tour travels through many of the physical, historical, and cultural landscapes that produced Vietnam War-era literature. Students also have the unique opportunity to meet Vietnamese writers, scholars and veterans, offering an experiential understanding of the conflict from both American and Vietnamese perspectives. The program is also open to non-Mason students, including members of the general public who are at least 18 years old so please invite friends.

Questions? Contact Gregory Seiler at [log in to unmask] or (703) 993 2641. To apply, simply click the "apply now" button on the program web page above. We will accept online applications up until Friday, March 2, 2012.

Have a great week!

Kevin Stoy
Marketing Coordinator | Center for Global Education
Adjunct Faculty Member | School of Management
http://globaled.gmu.edu
https://www.facebook.com/gmuCGE
https://twitter.com/#!/GMU_StudyAbroad

George Mason University: Where Innovation Is Tradition