From: HR/Payroll Department Contacts
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Janet Walker
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 4:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Instant HR/Payroll: W-2s are Available, Nominate for Employee of
the Month, Relocation Survey Reminder, a Mason Walk In' and Homecoming 2012

W-2s are Available Online: Download Yours for a Chance to Win!

Your 2011 W-2s are available on line.  Retrieving your electronic copy is
easy and immediate.  Simply log in to http://patriotweb.gmu.edu, select
"Employee Services," then "Tax Forms," and "W2 Year End Earnings Statement."
By electing to access your W-2 form electronically, a Mason generated paper
W-2 will not be mailed to you.  Going electronic puts time on your side;
download yours today.

If you download your W-2 before 5:00 pm on Wednesday, January 25th, your
name will automatically be entered into a drawing for a special prize.
There will also be special recognition for those departments with high
participation rates in accessing W-2s electronically.

Please contact the W-2 Hotline at 703-993-2311 or [log in to unmask] should you
have questions. For those who do not download an electronic copy, paper W-2
forms will be mailed no later than January 31, 2012.  Please remember:  You
must ensure that your Permanent Mailing Address is accurate in Patriot Web
Self Service <https://patriotweb.gmu.edu> .

Recognize Your Superstars: Employee of the Month
Do you have someone on your team who consistently goes the extra mile?
Someone who you couldn't do without?  Recognize their superlative effort by
nominating them for Employee of the Month.  Administrative faculty,
classified and wage employees who have been with the University for one year
and who are in good standing are eligible.  For details and the nomination
form, please visit Employee of the Month.
<http://hr.gmu.edu/awards/everyday.php#empl>   Questions?  Please call or
email Sharon Thompson at 3.2662 or [log in to unmask]

Reminder: Relocation Survey

As a follow up to our Instant HR/Payroll of December 21, we wanted to
reiterate that we would welcome your input on how your department assists
relocating faculty and staff as well as your suggestions on resources and
opportunities that might help new faculty and staff transition to Mason and
the Northern Virginia area.  A short survey is available to gather your
input.  We've extended the deadline to January 23rd.  Please share the
survey <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7XMYSQ6>  with anyone in your
department who is responsible for hiring.

Life Planning Seminar: Welcome Back Walk-In!

Join Wellness by Mason for an indoor walk on all three campuses on Thursday,
January 19 at 12:00 pm.  After the walk, all three campuses will get
together via real-time video conferencing to share upcoming wellness
activities. For details and to register, please visit
http://hr.gmu.edu/learning and click on the "Courses" tab.

Office Decorating Contest: Homecoming 2012 --- This is Where the Magic
Happens

Homecoming is coming!!  And there's a friendly competition going on called
the Office Decorating Contest.  Are you entering?  We are!  C'mon ... join
in the festivities and trick out your office space. Be a part of Mason's
Magic!

Entries should be received by January 27 and judging will take place the
following Monday, January 30.  Register today!
<http://homecoming.gmu.edu/faculty-and-staff/>

Homecoming festivities run from January 30- February 4.  There's something
for everyone -- pep rally, pageant, cake decorating, block party, talent
show and much, much more!  Homecoming culminates with the game against ODU
on February 4 at 5:00pm.  Don't miss out on the fun!   Visit
http://homecoming.gmu.edu for details.

Please share excerpts of Instant HR/Payrolls with your faculty and staff as
appropriate.
We rely on you to help us "get out the word".  Thanks!