Webmaster
Do you cringe when websites don't publish in valid XHTML? The Civil War Trust, the Nation's largest non-profit organization dedicated solely to U.S. Civil War Battlefield preservation and education, is seeking an accomplished, energetic, and well-organized individual to join our Web team.
Our Webmaster will handle a variety of "back-end" tasks related to HTML production on our world-class website, civilwar.org, and other web properties. Primary tasks will include working with complex display templates using our content management system's X(HT)ML-based scripting language, production of organizational email newsletters from content and assets, and updates to our very large website as necessary and requested both from within the Web team and from other departments. We have also begun publishing mobile offerings on the iOS and Android platforms with a technology partner organization; our contribution to the apps involves producing HTML files for display in the apps.
Qualified applicants will be flexible, will have demonstrated experience in taking personal initiative, will be able to perform flawlessly under pressure, and will be able to manage numerous concurrent projects that can differ widely in their required skillsets. Candidates must have extensive experience with hand-coded HTML and CSS without the assistance of an IDE or WYSIWYG editor. Previous experience using the Convio platform is a plus, as is the ability to debug and understand Javascript.
This is a full time job with a competitive salary and benefits package. A BA/BS is required. You do not need extensive American Civil War knowledge to be considered, though we are an organization of dedicated and passionate individuals who take interest in our cause, and an interest in American history is important.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to [log in to unmask] . Please include in your application your availability dates and where you saw the job announcement.

Nicole Osier
Senior Manager, Education Programs | Civil War Trust
1156 15th Street NW, Suite 900, Washington DC, 20005
(p) 202.367.1861 x7223  (e) [log in to unmask]

CIVIL WAR TRUST  |  Saving America's Civil War Battlefields | Civilwar.org
--
Mack P. Holt

Tel.: (703)-993-1250
Fax: (703)-993-1251