Webmaster

Do you cringe when websites don't publish in
valid XHTML? The Civil War Trust, the Nation's
largest non-profit organization dedicated solely
to U.S. Civil War Battlefield preservation and
education, is seeking an accomplished, energetic,
and well-organized individual to join our Web
team.
Our Webmaster will handle a variety of "back-end"
tasks related to HTML production on our
world-class website, civilwar.org, and other web
properties. Primary tasks will include working
with complex display templates using our content
management system's X(HT)ML-based scripting
language, production of organizational email
newsletters from content and assets, and updates
to our very large website as necessary and
requested both from within the Web team and from
other departments. We have also begun publishing
mobile offerings on the iOS and Android platforms
with a technology partner organization; our
contribution to the apps involves producing HTML
files for display in the apps.
Qualified applicants will be flexible, will have
demonstrated experience in taking personal
initiative, will be able to perform flawlessly
under pressure, and will be able to manage
numerous concurrent projects that can differ
widely in their required skillsets. Candidates
must have extensive experience with hand-coded
HTML and CSS without the assistance of an IDE or
WYSIWYG editor. Previous experience using the
Convio platform is a plus, as is the ability to
debug and understand Javascript.
This is a full time job with a competitive salary
and benefits package. A BA/BS is required. You do
not need extensive American Civil War knowledge
to be considered, though we are an organization
of dedicated and passionate individuals who take
interest in our cause, and an interest in
American history is important.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to
[log in to unmask] . Please include in your
application your availability dates and where you
saw the job announcement.

Nicole Osier
Senior Manager, Education Programs | Civil War Trust
1156 15th Street NW, Suite 900, Washington DC, 20005
(p) 202.367.1861 x7223  (e) <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

CIVIL WAR TRUST  |  Saving America's Civil War
Battlefields |
<http://www.civilwar.org/>Civilwar.org
--
Mack P. Holt