Dear all,

I'm running ECJ on a macbook with OSX Lion (10.7.2), 8GB ram and Java
1.6.0_29.
I have noticed that my app (a GA for evolving decision-tree
parameters/components) crashes when running in large datasets (I get a
"I*nvalid
memory access of location*" error). This is a bit strange because when I
set the JVM to run in 32-bit mode (-d32) or in interpretable mode (-Xint)
the GA works fine (though MUCH slower than 64bits normal mode).

Do you have any idea of what seems to be the problem? I don't think it's a
hardware problem since I tested it on other computer and got the same error
message (though it was also a computer running OSX). Perhaps there's a bug
in memory management of OSX and 64bits JVM in applications running several
threads??

Thank you in advance!

--
Rodrigo Coelho Barros, MSc.