From: Deborah J. Goodings [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:36 PM
To: Lloyd Griffiths; Daniel A Menasce
Cc: Mike Casey; Jade T Perez
Subject: I forgot to mention this morning ... MEng approved by SCHEV

Lloyd, Danny,

I forgot to mention this morning at the Dean's Admin Council the excellent news that SCHEV approved our MEng application yesterday, for offering in spring 2012.

Jade is urging the various university units which open up the application process, to put things in place as soon as possible, and she has agreed to hold open applications into December for us for US students this semester.  We have several engineers waiting to apply now, but we will be a little choosy to get the program off on the right foot.

Mike Casey took full charge of this effort that became exhausting, drawn out, and time intensive, with several significant revisions requested during the process.  To shepherd it to completion, he spent Monday and Tuesday in Richmond this week, to be on hand should any questions arise.  We can't thank him enough.

In addition to Mike, we are grateful to Danny, VSE, Robin Parker, Monica Osei, and the Provost for support in the process.

A happy ending with a program that has definitely attracted the attention of the civil engineering practice community, and we believe, establishes us as an original thinking, academically innovative department.  (Where innovation is tradition, of course)

Deborah

--

Deborah J. Goodings, PhD, P.Eng, D. GE, F.ASCE

Dewberry Professor of Civil Engineering

Department Chair
Dept. of Civil, Environmental & Infrastructure Engineering
Volgenau School of Engineering

Nguyen Engineering Building, Suite 1300
George Mason University  MSN-6C1, Fairfax, VA 22030

Tel +1-703-993-1675;  Fax +1-703-993-9790;  [log in to unmask]

http://www.civil.gmu.edu/people/goodings.htm