Dear PhD students,
Have you been dreading this ? Well, it's time ! Please let me know if
you plan to take the Fall 2011 PhD Qualifying Exam on *Friday November
11 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m*.  You'll need to commit and let me know by email
no later than *Friday October 21*.

If you are a Teaching Assistant and have Friday classes, Joanne
(Andersen) Zimmerman will be able to arrange a substitute for that day.

The Qualifying Exam is one of the requirements to advance to candidacy.
You'll want to have the majority of your required coursework finished
(except for lab rotations and seminars). The next QE will be scheduled
in the spring term.

Thank you,
Diane St. Germain

--