illel Newsletter

GMU Hillel Header

Hillel Happenings!
Hillel now located in Johnson Center Rm. 239H.

Free Israel Trip Registration Opens 9/14!  Don't miss your chance to see Israel over winter break!
http://www.freeisraeltrip.org
9/6 - Free Israel Trip Information Kiosk
10am-2pm - Johnson Center Kiosk A

9/7 - Yael Ingel Meet & Greet - Come out and welcome our new Israel Fellow
and a Q/A Session about the Taglit Birthright Israel - GMU Hillel winter break trip.
7:30-8:30pm George's (3rd Floor Johnson Center) - Refreshments will be served

9/9 - Shabbat Service & Dinner
6:15pm Services, 7pm Dinner, Student Union 2 (The HUB) Rooms 3-5
RSVP to [log in to unmask] or on Facebook by Wed. 8/31.

9/10 Hillel Havdalah
8:30pm Meet at the George Mason Statue (outside of the Johnson Center)

9/11 - Hillel Goes to the Nats Game
11:30am - 4:30pm - RSVP by 9/4 to [log in to unmask]

9/14 - Registrations Opens - FREE Trip to Israel!  Taglit Birthright Israel - GMU Trip
Apply Now!  at http://www.freeisraeltrip.org.
You'll have a great time spending 10 days in Israel this winter break.  More info may be found here. Now’s your chance!

High Holidays - Free Student tickets
Rosh Hashana Sept. 28-30
Yom Kippur Oct. 7-8

Missing Class For High Holidays? Talk to your professors right away before missing classes.
Attend Hillel services, find out more here.  Hillel needs student volunteers to help with High Holiday services.  Please reply to this email to get involved.  There are both English and Hebrew parts.
Looking for a Job or Internship? Check the Hillel blog at hillel.gmu.edu/blog.

Hillel on Facebook: facebook.com/masonhillel (be sure to click "Like")

Hillel Image Footer
Maximizing opportunities for Jewish students to explore, celebrate and sanctify life in a Jewish way.

If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
If I am only for myself, what am I?
If not now, when?
- Hillel