Dear all,

The deadline for the submission of the PAR (Professional Activity Report) to your chair through the online ePAR system is October 7, 2011. In case you do not keep ePAR up to date, please start entering:

- publications
- patents,
- software developed,
- presentations (remember that this category is for things such as keynote addresses, invited talks, panel participation, and NOT for presentation of a paper already listed in the publications section.
- recognitions (e.g., lifetime achievement awards, election as Fellow, and other such recognitions
 -  service

Your publications are probably up to date until December 31, 2010 since you were asked to do that for the Provost's Celebration of Achievements.

Course Evaluations: Course evaluations for Fall 2010 and Spring 2011 have already been uploaded. Please check yours and report to me wit copy to Mindy Richburg ([log in to unmask]) if there is a missing or incorrect entry. For 998/999 courses, we collapsed similar courses into a single line, added the number of students and the total number of credits. So, suppose you had two students that took IT 998 with you. The first one took 3 credits and the other 5. You will see a single line for IT 998 with 2 students enrolled and 5 credits hours.

Grants/Awards: Grants and awards are making their way to the database. A message about this will be sent shortly. If you are a PI or co-PI on a proposal in which VSE is not the lead unit, please let Terri know.

New Faculty: If you are a new faculty in the school and do not have an ePAR account please send me e-mail with copy to Mandy. Please include your full name, department, rank, and G#.

PAR's Period of Performance:

 - For grants/contracts: FY 2011 (i.e., July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011)
 - For all other entries: May 25, 2010 to May 24, 2011.

My recommendation is to keep ePAR always up to date, i.e., enter as you go. It's easier that way and it allows the school to generate all sorts of up to date reports at any time.

Thanks.

Danny

Dr. Daniel A. Menasce
Senior Associate Dean and Professor of Computer Science
Volgenau School of Engineering,
Long and Kimmy Nguyen Engineering Building, Room 2510, MS 5C8
George Mason University
4400 University Dr.,
Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
www.cs.gmu.edu/faculty/menasce.html