Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:41:56 -0400
From: Susan Turriziani <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Requesting Dissertation Codes (999)
Sender: CHSS Grad Admins <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
 Gecko/20040804 Netscape/7.2 (ax)

--------------060104050200080505070402

Good Afternoon,

There have been a number of issues with students requesting dissertation
codes and I would like to clarify a few things.  We've had a procedure
in place that asks students to send the email request to
[log in to unmask] There has been a significant increase in emails sent
to other addresses. Requests have been sent to graduate admissions, CHSS
dean's office, my Mason email account, and an assortment of other email
accounts.  I will not track down requests for dissertation codes. Do not
call for the code, as I will not give it out by phone.  In order to
insure that a students request is answered properly and correctly, I
will only answer requests for dissertations codes that are:

    * Sent from a George Mason email account
    * Sent to the [log in to unmask]

Each email must contain the following:

    * Name (if you've changed your name let me know)
    * Mason ID number (G#)
    * Advisor
    * Department
    * Amount of credits you are requesting.  A student must enroll in at
      least 3 credits per semester until they have reached a total of 12
      998/999 credits.

The dissertation code changes each semester and must be requested each
semester.

This protocol has always been our policy and it will insure that your
email is read in a timely fashion.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation,

Susan Turriziani
Assistant Director, Graduate Academic Affairs

--------------060104050200080505070402

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Good Afternoon,<br>
There have been a number of issues with students requesting
dissertation codes and I would like to clarify a few things.&nbsp; We've had
a procedure in place that asks students to send the email request to
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</a>. There has been a significant increase in emails sent
to other addresses. Requests have been sent to graduate admissions,
CHSS dean's office, my
Mason email account, and an assortment of other email accounts.&nbsp; I will
not track down requests for dissertation codes. Do not call for the
code, as I will not give it out by phone.&nbsp; In order to insure that a
students request is answered properly and correctly, I will only answer
requests for dissertations codes that are: <br>
<ul>
  <li>Sent from a George Mason email account&nbsp; <br>
  </li>
  <li>Sent to the <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</a> <br>
  </li>
</ul>
Each email must contain the following:<br>
<ul>
  <li>Name (if you've changed your name let me know)</li>
  <li>Mason ID number (G#)</li>
  <li>Advisor</li>
  <li>Department<br>
  </li>
  <li>Amount of credits you are requesting.&nbsp; A student must enroll in
at least 3 credits per semester until they have reached a total of 12
998/999 credits.</li>
</ul>
The dissertation code changes each semester and must be requested each
semester.<br>
This protocol has always been our policy and it will insure that your
email is read in a timely fashion.<br>
Thank you in advance for your cooperation,<br>
Susan Turriziani<br>
Assistant Director, Graduate Academic Affairs<br>

--------------060104050200080505070402--