Dear Students,
If you will need to register for* Directed Study/Research **credits
(BIOS 898 or 899)* in fall '11, please consult with the instructor you
will be working with to fill out the form on
http://mmb.gmu.edu/index.php?content=147#146  under "PhD Biosciences".
Send me the form once it's signed by you and the instructor. If you have
discussed the independent study details in an email with the professor
you may print out and attach the email.

If you have not registered for *dissertation proposal credits* *(BIOS
998)* in previous terms, you'll need to first form a dissertation
committee to register.  The committee form is found on
http://mmb.gmu.edu/index.php?content=147#146.  Please send it along to
me once your committee members have signed, and I will get the dept.
signatures. If you have registered for dissertation proposal credits
(BIOS 998) in previous terms and want to register again in fall please
send me an email for the CRN.

For a *lab rotation (BIOS 703)*, first send an email to the professor
for permission and then forward his/her answer to me.  I'll email you
the CRN to use to register with.

Any questions please let me know!  *I would appreciate having the
necessary forms or emails by August 19.*

thank you,
Diane St. Germain
--

Diane St. Germain

Coordinator, Graduate Academic Programs

*Biology, Biosciences, Bioinformatics*

*George Mason University*

MS 5B3, 10900 University Blvd. Manassas, VA 20110

*Phone* (703) 993-4263, *Fax* (703) 993-8976