Happy Friday, transfer students, and a warm welcome to you
from the Center for Global Education (CGE)!

It was awesome meeting you this morning and yesterday during
the different orientation sessions. Thanks for expressing interest
in our programs. Remember, most Mason students study abroad
their 2nd or 3rd year, so you should seriously consider earning
some credits overseas very soon. Y
our first opportunity to do so
is this winter break:

Whether it's Biology in Belize studying the ridges and reefs, the
history and culture of Ireland, or a non-traditional study tour like
our program in Cambodia, there are plenty of options available:

http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/facultyled/winterstudy/index.html

Remember, each winter break program offers three credits over
two weeks in early January and is open to non-Mason students as
well, so invite friends from other colleges to join you!
After all,
study abroad is where learning lives:

http://bit.ly/jK5Nef

Next spring 2012 marks the first time you will be eligible for
one of Mason's semester programs abroad. We recommend
you take a closer look at our Florence program or earning
business credits abroad next spring in Sweden.

This fall, look for CGE during Welcome Week. We're co-
sponsoring an event we think will help you learn more about
Mason. Save the date on your calendar now

In the meantime, join our facebook group, follow us on twitter,
or read Beth Degi's blog posts in the meantime. She's CGE's
first-ever Global Correspondent and it looks like she's having
a great experience so far in Bali!

       link to CGE facebook group       CGE's Tweets

See you soon, and have a great weekend!

all best,
Kevin Stoy
Marketing Coordinator