-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Another Summer Thesis/Dissertation Workshop
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:38:17 -0400
From: Susan Turriziani <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

Could you please send out the following message on your listserv?

Thank you!

Sally

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have added another Workshop to our Summer 2011 schedule, and we hope you can make it.

In addition to the ones on July 11th (from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.) and July 21st (from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.) we now have one scheduled and posted on the IT Training website. It will take place this Tuesday, July 5th, from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. It will take place in 334 Innovation Hall, and will consist of three segments:

Part 1: Sally Evans, Coordinator of University Dissertation and Thesis Services, will give an overview of UDTS and the process grad students need to go through in order to graduate--specifically, the format review, submission consultation, and final submission of your thesis or dissertation.

Part 2: Abel Roasa of DoIT will lead a session on formatting your thesis or dissertation using Microsoft Word. Even if you feel pretty confident with this program, Abel can show you some amazing tricks that will make formatting your document a breeze.

Part 3: Allison Meyer O'Connor will introduce you to Zotero, a research tool that helps you gather and organize your sources and make them work for you, as citations, references, footnotes, you name it. (Chris Magee will be teaching the Zotero part on April 12.)

Please contact Sally Evans, UDTS Coordinator, at [log in to unmask], or Marlys Shoup, a DoIT team member, at [log in to unmask], with any questions.

We hope you can make it!

Thank you,

Sally

University Dissertation and Thesis Services
George Mason University
Fenwick Library, Room C203
Web: http://thesis.gmu.edu
Phone: 703-993-2222
Office Hrs. Mon - Fri 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (by appointment only)