Sean,

As you know, one of the reasons I'm discovering these little "quirks" is
because in converting to .NET I'm building a lot of unit tests. These might
turn out to be useful for discovering bugs (such as the one reported last
month for array copy in "Bag.addAll()"). But they are not directly useful to
you, other than to "turn up the soil".

Obviously for a conversion, the unit tests are mandatory. Do you have
internal test batteries that you run against these projects?

I would volunteer to build such batteries myself were it not for severe
constraints on my time. Surely there are comp science students there who
could be enlisted to practice formal testing techniques on your projects? *
;-)*

In any case, I have a HUGE amount of work to do to translate the MASON code
(Java3D, OpenGL, Swing, etc.). It is frankly quite daunting, and I'm still
trying to find the best way to hook appropriately into WPF and Direct3D.
Yikes!

Don't bother telling me I'm crazy. I'm already "committed"!

When the dust settles, I'll see what I can do to help in Java.

Regards,

Ben