1. What are you doing after graduation?
2. Jobs, internships & summer positions
3. Info session with the Korean Education Center
4. Find an international job
5. Intern for the hottest startups in DC!
6. Coming soon: Career Launch

1. What are you doing after graduation? We want to know!

Graduating students, watch for the Mason Career Census.

What is it?
An online survey about your post-graduate plans including your plans for
employment and graduate school

Why should I take it?
To increase the value of your degree and the reputation of your school
It only takes a few minutes.
It's confidential.

When will I receive it?
The survey will arrive in your Mason email account on May 4.

Who can answer my questions about the survey, my job search or grad school?
Career Services! Call or email us!

Back to Index

2. Jobs, internships & summer positions
JOBS

Ashoka
Salesforce Platform Manager

Live It Learn It
Program Associate

Parker Tide Corp.
TEFL Project Manager

INTERNSHIPS

Sprint Nextel
Account Executive Intern

Population Action International
Research Department Intern

VOX Global
Web Development Intern

Target Corporation
Stores Executive Intern

SUMMER POSITIONS

SCOOPS2U
Event Staff

Envision EMI
Temporary Project Coordinator

Millennium Enterprise Corporation
Drupal Developer

Apply for these and other positions in HireMason.
Back to Index

3. Info session with the Korean Education Center - TaLK Program
Wednesday, May 4
Johnson Center, Room 239A
3:30 - 4:30 p.m.

The Korean Ministry of Education, Science & Technology invites you to attend
an information session to learn more about their Teach and Learn in Korea
(TaLK) Program. Selected scholars will receive Korean government
scholarships and teach English in after-school classes of Korean elementary
schools while enjoying cultural experience programs during their leisure
time with either a six-month or one-year contract starting in August 2011.
Back to Index

4. Want to work for an international organization in the U.S. or outside the
country?

Check out Going Global, a database containing 31 country guides, corporate
profiles and more than 600,000 worldwide internship and job openings. To
access Going Global, log in to HireMason and select Going Global under "Jump
to."

Back to Index

5. Intern for the hottest startups in DC!

A handful of high profile entrepreneurs and Venture Capitalists in the DC
area have created a really cool summer internship initiative, called DC Tech
Summer.

The goal is to help prominent startups in the area hire top-notch interns
through online and offline career fairs and then introduce the interns to
the DC Tech Community through events, meetups, and workshops that take place
throughout the summer. This will be an amazing opportunity for students to
get a taste of startup life and see what it's like to run a business from
the inside.

Companies signed up to participate in the program include: Living Social,
OPOWER, Hello Wallet and many more.

Application deadline is Friday, May 6th.
More info
Back to Index

6. Coming soon...
Career Launch
Thursday, May 26
Research I, Room 163

Attend part or all of this workshop day!

Resume & Cover Letter Writing 9:15 - 10:45 a.m.
Job Search Strategies in a Tight Market 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Networking Skills & Practice 12:30 - 1:15 p.m.
Behavioral Interviewing 1:30 - 3 p.m.
Salary Negotiation 3:15 - 4:30 p.m.
Back to Index

Career Services ... Connecting to Your Future

SUB I, Room 3400    careers.gmu.edu     703-993-2370

To unsubscribe from this newsletter, log in to your HireMason account,
select PROFILE then select PRIVACY. From there you will be able to remove or
add yourself from Career Services mailings.

--
Tory Bustard
Associate Director