Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:21:32 -0400
From: Melissa Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: GREEN - Costa Rica Summer 2011 Programs Now Accepting Applications
To: [log in to unmask]

--0016367b6de2c18864049fc9af79

Hi Kasia,

Here is the original email below my colleague sent in regards to the GREEN -
Costa Rica Program I just spoke to you about on the phone. If you could
please share this opportunity with your student body, that'd be terrific. If
you have any questions whatsoever, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Thank you for your time Kaisia, take care!
Sincerely,
Melissa Lee

_________

My name is Simon Parker, a representative of the GREEN Scholar Initiative.
As the Director of the GREEN National Campus Tour, I wanted to share our
exciting program with your students and colleagues at George Mason
University.

The GREEN Program gives students the opportunity to travel to Costa Rica for
12 days and visit functioning renewable energy facilities as well as
interact with top level managers and directors.  In conjunction with the
academic curriculum and community service projects, this experience can
serve as an important stepping stone in the career of a motivated student.
Additionally, the benefits of gaining a competitive international experience
and cultural immersion prior to graduating can be the academic pinnacle of a
 lifetime.

We're looking to build a strong relationship with your University and I
would welcome any feedback about the program as well as the best way to
share it with your students.  I've attached a brief message below, which I
hope you will consider sharing with the students in your department.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to working with your University!

With Best Regards,

Simon Parker
GREEN Scholar Initiative
http://greenworknow.com

---------------

Dear Student,

Have you ever thought about mixing Adventure with Culture? Social
Responsibility with cutting edge Education?

The GREEN Educational Adventure Programs in Costa Rica offer a unique way to
satisfy your intellectual curiosity while experiencing unforgettable
adventures, gaining a cultural experience, and giving back to the community
though socially responsible projects.

The Programs in Costa Rica are focused on Renewable Energy Education,
Adventure, Culture, and Social Responsibility.

The 12-day trip gives students a chance to explore the topics of RENEWABLE
ENERGY and SUSTAINABILITY through interactive lectures and exclusive
hands-on site visits to functioning power plants, like wind farms and
geothermal plants, and residential facilities, such as organic sustainable
farms and green-centric housing developments. The benefits of the
educational component are enhanced by the excitement of the adventure and
cultural excursions that make Costa Rica the epicenter of EcoTourism and
travel.

Students who attended this program in the past have cited it as "one of the
best experiences of their life". Some have returned to Costa Rica for summer
internships in the renewable energy sector. Others applied their experiences
to succeed in internships and jobs in the United States.

The Global Renewable Energy Education Network (GREEN) inspires University
students to explore the fields of renewable energy and sustainability. In
doing so, we aim to assemble motivated collegiate minds in engineering,
business, policy, ecology, and other related fields, to spark a flame of
though and passion centered around renewable energy, sustainable living, and
improved societal standards. Our objective is to do so by pipe-lining these
students into the GREEN industry through an intensive educational program.

For additional details please visit
https://greenworknow.com<http://greenworknow.com/>
.

Spots on our Summer Programs are still available. Please visit our website
for more details and to apply.

--
Melissa Lee
Global Renewable Energy Education Network

--0016367b6de2c18864049fc9af79

 is the original email below my colleague sent in regards to the GREEN - Co=
sta Rica Program I just=20
spoke to you about on the phone. If you could please share this=20
opportunity with your student body, that&#39;d be terrific. If you have any=
=20
questions whatsoever, please do not hesitate to contact me!<br>
 name is Simon Parker, a representative of the GREEN Scholar Initiative.
 As the Director of the GREEN National Campus Tour, I wanted to share=20
our exciting program with your students and colleagues at George Mason Univ=
ersity.</div>

travel to Costa Rica for 12 days and visit functioning renewable energy=20
facilities as well as interact with top level managers and directors.=A0=20
In conjunction with the academic curriculum and community service=20
projects, this experience can serve as an important stepping stone in=20
the career of a motivated student.=A0 Additionally, the benefits of=20
gaining a competitive international experience and cultural immers<span sty=
le=3D"font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">ion=A0<span style=3D"color:=
 rgb(0, 0, 0);">prior to graduating can be the academic pinnacle of a</span=
>=A0lifetime</span>.</div>

=20
your University and I would welcome any feedback about the program as=20
well as the best way to share it with your students.=A0 I&#39;ve attached a=
=20
brief message below, which I hope you will consider sharing with the=20
students in your department.</div>

 style=3D"margin: 0px 0px 0.0001pt; line-height: normal;">

 GREEN Educational Adventure Programs in Costa Rica offer a unique way=20
to satisfy your intellectual curiosity while experiencing unforgettable=20
adventures, gaining a cultural experience, and giving back to the=20
community though socially responsible projects.<br>

le Energy Education, Adventure, Culture, and Social Responsibility.</div><d=
 12-day trip gives students a chance to explore the topics of RENEWABLE=20
ENERGY and SUSTAINABILITY through interactive lectures and exclusive=20
hands-on site visits to functioning power plants, like wind farms and=20
geothermal plants, and residential facilities, such as organic=20
sustainable farms and green-centric housing developments. The benefits=20
of the educational component are enhanced by the excitement of the=20
adventure and cultural excursions that make Costa Rica the epicenter of=20
EcoTourism and travel.</div>

cited it as &quot;one of the best experiences of their life&quot;. Some hav=
e=20
returned to Costa Rica for summer internships in the renewable energy=20
sector. Others applied their experiences to succeed in internships and=20
jobs in the United States.</div>

(GREEN) inspires University students to explore the fields of renewable=20
energy and sustainability. In doing so, we aim to assemble motivated=20
collegiate minds in engineering, business, policy, ecology, and other=20
related fields, to spark a flame of though and passion centered around=20
renewable energy, sustainable living, and improved societal standards.=20
Our objective is to do so by pipe-lining these students into the GREEN=20
industry through an intensive educational program.<br>

iv><div>For additional details please visit=A0<a href=3D"http://greenworkno=
w.com/" target=3D"_blank">https://greenworknow.com</a>.<br>

greenworknow.com</a></div>
lank">www.greenworknow.com</a></div>