Hi List,

I think linking MASON to something like NASA worldwind would provide this functionality. For example see http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/java/demos/ that has a demo of building's (called Extruded Shapes).

Andrew

On Mar 30, 2011, at 2:17 PM, Sanchez, Ricardo wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has tried building a simulation inside a 3D urban environment. Iíve started looking at GeoMason and the CampusWorld demo is great. However, I need a 3D environment, e.g. with building heights and elevation data, so that I can make line of sight calculations. For example, say I wanted to extend the CampusWorld demo to determine cell phone coverage for each of the agents on the ground, ignoring multipath and other E&M transmission effects. What would be the best way to import the building and elevation data?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -ricardo sanchez
> Ricardo Sanchez
> The RAND Corporation
> 4570 Fifth Avenue, Suite 600
> Pittsburgh, PA 15213-1516
> Voice: (412) 683-2300, ext. 4206

> may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use,
> recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies
> of the original message.

Dr. Andrew Crooks

Department of Computational Social Science

Krasnow Institute for Advanced Study

George Mason University

Website: http://www.css.gmu.edu/andrew/  Blog: www.gisagents.blogspot.com