Good Morning ABFAS & Mason Colleagues,

Please make note of the following reminder regarding the upcoming ABFAS event
for Women's History Month...

*From:* Mariama Boney, Director - University Information

As we celebrate Women's History Month,
Join us for a conference call on tomorrow, Wednesday, March 16th from *noon-1pm*

We will have a sister circle discussion about Empowering Black and African
Heritage Women in Higher Education. Please *call 703-993-9509*. You will be
asked for the *password* *39509*.

Lanitra Berger, Director in the Honors College will share reflections on how
sisters can empower each other.

Then we will reflect upon and discuss the following:

1. What accomplishments have been made by Black and African Heritage women in
Higher Education over the past 10 years?
2. What challenges still exist for Black and African Heritage women in Higher
Education?
3. When you think about what you want people to know about being a Black or
African Heritage woman in Higher Education, what main things do you want them to
know?
4. What initiatives or programs would you like to be in place for Black or
African Heritage women in Higher Education at Mason?

Talk with you then!

Mariama

Mariama Boney
Director, University Information
George Mason University
Where Innovation Is Tradition
4400 University Drive, MS 2D9
Student Union Building I, Room 208
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: 703-993-1006    Fax: 703-993-1009
Mason cell: 571-230-7063
http://info.gmu.edu/