Greetings Mason & ABFAS Colleagues,

For those of you who work on the Arlington and Prince William campuses that have
expressed an interest in participating in the Association of Black faculty,
Administrators & Staff (or know of someone who has), but have been unable to do
so, the ABFAS Executive Committee encourages you to participate in our monthly
organizational meeting on *Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 from 12:00 PM to 1:15
PM*.   As part of our ongoing efforts to reach out and bring together Black and
African heritage faculty, administrators, and staff throughout Mason, our brown
bag "community lunch" gathering in March will be a *video conference* with
members from the Fairfax, Arlington, and Prince William campuses participating.
This initiative is an exciting opportunity for ABFAS to utilize the technology
services available at Mason and provide colleagues with an opportunity to be a
part of our community.

For those of you on the Arlington campus we welcome your participation!Please
contact Larry Hennsey (ext. 3-8250, [log in to unmask]) that you will be
attending. If you reside on the Prince William campus we invite you and your
colleagues to join us as well.  Please contact Charvis Campbell (ext. 3-8373,
[log in to unmask]).  The ABFAS organization is on the move and we want you to be
a part of our efforts going forward.  We look forward to seeing you at our Black
History Month event, *"Celebrating the Educators - Sharing the Legacy,"* on
*Friday, February 18th at 5:30 PM* in the Johnson Center's *George's Restaurant*
as well as other future ABFAS events.

For more information about the Association of Black Faculty, Administrators &
Staff, visit our website today at http://abfas.gmu.edu/index.html

Thanks to all current members for your continued support of ABFAS!

Have a good day,

KRS

Kevin R. Slaughter